Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ribbon Embroidery

Hi friends!

Its been long time. Well let me wish you a belated Happy New Year. 

Like every year, this year  I have made resolutions. Let us see how much I can implement them. 

Here is my ribbon work completed at last. I have used satin ribbons and threads or floss (cotton -stranded, pearl and silk  thread). The back ground is unbleached cotton fabric circular in shape.

This was my first attempt at ribbon work, one of my old projects started but not finished. it was difficult for me to stitch on the fabric as the fabric was very thick. But I have completed it at last. I took this up as a test project to learn the stitches and gain some experience before taking up silk ribbon embroidery. 


I wanted to use as many stitches as possible. This was one of my projects where I began without any planning or sketch and just went on adding the motifs, as I proceeded with my embroidery. I love this way as it gives me more freedom to be creative. 

Please do leave your comments and criticisms. I would like to know how I have done this.

Oh! by the way can any one tell me where to get Silk Ribbons for embroidery in India? I would be grateful if you can give me the address please.

Watch out my blog for more........

1 comment:

Julia Robert said...

Fabulous working of embroidery digitizing on ribbons. Just love it. Keep it up