Sunday, January 20, 2013

Painted Saris-Ganesha

Here I am with one more painted sari. This is once again a pure cotton sari from the looms of  West Bengal. Very fine and soft. It is greyish green with green and yellow borders on either side. It is painted beautifully by the artisans from Bengal. 
It has a wider border- yellow on one side and green on the other. These have been painted on. 
The whole sari has been painted with these designs.
But what caught my eye was this beautiful Ganesha painted with green colour on a yellow coloured pallu. I have been wanting to paint this leaf Ganesha since long. But I was not so sure whether it is good to paint gods or goddesses on the clothes we wear. When I found this one I just bought it. But now I am having second thoughts as to whether it is OK to wear with Ganesha on it?