Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rangoli-235

This was something I found in one of the magazines. It reminded me of kaleidoscope which we as children were much familiar with. Even now I love to see the various coloured patterns that form when we rotate it. 

I think the above design can be used for free form Rangoli. One can use parts of it and develop further or can draw just as it is. It looks very colourful but too intricate for me to replicate it. 

Well designs which are drawn free hand can also be drawn as Rangolis. It just depends on our creativity. One need not even fill it with colours  Just intricate drawing filled with patterns of lines, dots, dashes etc. too form a very beautiful Rangoli. 

Search the net with the word "kaleidoscope" and you will find many colourful designs. They are fascinating and inspiring.

No comments: