Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Organising Stash

Hi friends. Now that some of the renovation work has been completed, I am slowly trying to organise my things. But with busy work schedule and heavy downpour here in the past week, I could just group together some of my stash. Before renovation, I just stuffed them  in just whatever I could get. Now I need to organise them properly.

One major problem I am facing is the storage containers. It is difficult to get one exactly how I need, within my budget , that can hold all my stash and occupy less space. I feel that is almost impossible. My search is on. Heavy rains forced me to postpone my shopping trip for this. 

As of now, I am just making most of the containers/storage I have as you can see...

I have some plastic boxes, in which I store my yarn, laces, ribbons, kundans and beads etc. They are good as they keep dust out. I also have some cardboard boxes, which I am still holding on till I find some good storage solutions.
 These look colourful, but are not air tight. So there is the problem of dust seeping in. 
Here is how I stored some of my colouring pens and pencils in a plastic container. I still have lots of paints in bottles and tubes, brushes, pens and pencils, which I need to store. For now, I have only kept these ones handy, which I use regularly.

My search is on, for some smart storage solutions. But I have to wait till the festival of Diwali is over perhaps to shop leisurely. 

I have still my embroidery, kits and other stash, wooden beads, woolen yarn and much more. I also need to separate my yarn/floss/threads for tatting, embroidery and crochet....Still lots to do....

Any smart solutions? Your suggestions are welcome please.


No comments: