Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rangoli-200


Well here I am celebrating my 200th post of Rangoli. So I will take a little of your time to say a few words.

When I started this topic, I had many ideas, many things to share with you all. But I never knew that I could post so many Rangolis. I have collected and created so many designs since my childhood. But usually they are all on scraps of papers and copied or jotted down in a hurry on the back of some paper. Some of them or cuttings from news papers and magazines. Some are from my gran's and my mom's note books which are in a very tattered condition.

I always wanted to note them down properly so that I can maintain an album. I never got to it, until I started posting them on my blog. Now I am slowly, redoing them, storing on paper and also in photographs. 

I also wanted to share with you so many techniques of drawing and colouring, aids which help in drawing of these Rangolis, various materials used etc. In my coming posts I will try to post about them.

I am so happy and thank you all my friends and visitors who visit my blog, take time to point out so many things, leave comments, messages and appreciate my work, which encourage and motivate me to post more and more. With out your encouragement, I would not have reached this mile stone. I hope you will keep on leaving your comments and suggestions so that I can do much better and keep on posting more designs. I want all of you, whether you are a novice, or a beginner, or an expert in this art, to enjoy my posts and find my designs useful.

This is an ancient art slowly fading away. I just want to do what ever I can (which is very little) to keep it alive so that the next generations would also know about it and continue it as we all are....

I will also be grateful to anyone who can send me about the history of this art, its significance, iconic significance,  old and ritualistic designs along with why and how they are used, or information on any books on the subject(especially old ones) and where they are available as I am collecting all the information on this art. Please do help me.

Thanks a lot to all of you for supporting me and encouraging me....

Here is my Rangoli
24 dots 8 rows in the center, then 22, 20, 18...till 8 on either side. Join as shown.


7 comments:

Peggy in Frankfort, KY said...

I have not commented in a very long time,but I look forward to your posts every day. I have been unable to embroider for quite some time as I have needed new glasses. This latest Rangoli is so very inspirational,it may just have to be the first project I take on after I can see clearly again. Thank you,Ms. Sharma, for all your knowledge and creativity!

Ms Sharma said...

Hi Peggy, I have missed you and was wondering about you just the other day. Thanks a lot for your comment. Hope you start your project soon. Looking forward to it...

soniya said...

hi your rangoli designs are just wonderful i am always crazy of rangoli designs after seeing your blog and designs i was very happy even i want to share some designs i have nearly a book of designs to share with:-)

Ms Sharma said...

Thank you Soniya. I am looking forward to your Rangolis

Anonymous said...

This is looking very nice

soniya said...

hi how can i put it in this blog should i scan and mail you or is there any otherway plz do let me know:-)

Madhu said...

Wow! this one is very colourful