Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Birth of a Beauty

Hi friends. Today early in  the morning, when I was strolling in my little garden, I came across this beautiful moment:
A butterfly coming out of its chrysalis. It has still its legs attached to the chrysalis. I immediately rushed inside got my camera and took this pic. Isn't this beautiful? I don't know much about the butterflies except that everyone loves when one sees it flying around.

I am happy that my little garden attracts many butterflies, birds and other insects. In this area where I live, people don't leave even a few inches around their homes, let alone plant trees or even shrubs. To me a house without greenery around it is really difficult to think about.  So, the birds, insects or other living things don't have a place to visit other than the parks which are also dwindling day by day in the name of development.

I feel so happy when I see the parrots or other birds visiting my garden for the fruits, or butterflies for the flowers. I place some bird feed and water too when ever I can but invariably in summers. It is really satisfying to know that I can give back a little to the Nature when I am taking so much from it.... 

No comments: