Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beautiful Kerala-1

A Glimpse...

I promised you all that I would share my glimpses of the Beautiful Kerala with you all. Kerala known as God's Own Country is really so. The backwaters, lush green nature, air filled with the scent of spices and colourful flowers and fruits, yummy cuisine and to top it all beautiful people with their simple living and friendly nature.....

Well I am as much excited and impatient to share it all with you...but it will take some time..so here is a glimpse...
KathaKali-Traditional  Dance from Kerala
This is KathaKali-the traditional dance from Kerala. I will write about it in detail in my next posts and also have some videos to share with you all. This live performance we enjoyed  in one of our stays at a small town. I have always been fascinated with various dances of India-whether traditional or folk and try to learn as much about them as possible. Katha Kali is one such forms which has attracted me even as a child. The elaborate makeup, extensive use of eyes  for expressing various feelings is what enthralls me...

Well keep a watch on my blog....it will be a feast for you eyes......I promise..I will share it with you all.... the moment I can find a little time...but bye for now...got to go....


2 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Eagerly waiting to know all your experiences in God's Own Country...

Unknown said...

I Heard that Kerala was an Awesome Place!!!