Thursday, April 26, 2012

Been Away

Hi friends. Hope you are all doing well. I have been away for sometime now, trotting across the country. That's why you have not seen work or heard from me till now.

Who says air travel is the best? May be it time saving, especially for those who are busy and don 't have time but I find it boring and tiring. But then many a times I am forced to do that as my work involves me to travel to distant places at short notices. Hopping in and out of air planes is not my definition of being successful in life.

I have always been fascinated with trains and love journeys by train. I feel I can have a glimpse of the country, its people and their culture both inside and outside the train. I get a chance to acquaint with people of different regions, cultures, lifestyles, languages. India being such a vast country with different regions, cultures and so much diversity, I don.t think one can know even a little in an entire life time. Every time I get something new to learn. So I never miss an opportunity to travel by train. 

Looking out of the window from train is so fascinating. I loved it as a child and still love it. Perhaps there is child in every person?
Water bodies surrounded by greenery, water lilies, birds busy in and around the water, reflection of clear blue skies in the water...Isn't it beautiful?
The rustic country side of India, cattle and farm equipment in the yard, chicken trotting around, women sitting in the front of their homes, chatting but working without wasting any time....
Cattle grazing in the fileds after the harvest....
The small huts serving tea and snacks on the edge of roads near villages....
Green fields, swaying palms, men and women working in the fields singing merrily (one cannot hear but feel it from a distance) on a clear sunny day...
Mountains and plains, green vegetation and plated crops, rejoicing in the wet monsoon showers...

Well for me the romance never ends. I have seen it all-many facets of my beautiful country, changing seasons, peoples and their lives at different times of the day or in different seasons, young smiling faces waving their hands as the train passes by-all from the window of a train. 

Still I want more, I want to travel again.......in a train if I can.....singing this beautiful song..

Well.....


No comments: