Friday, January 14, 2011

Rangoli-87


Sankranti Rangoli-3

Here are some more designs.
This is one of the square designs. I have kept it very simple. I will post more elaborate ones later. See how the four horizontal and vertical lines have been used. 

Here are two more simple but small designs;


These two small designs are known ad "Gade"  in Telugu. Gade means granary-the place where they store the grain after harvest till its use. Why these designs  are so called I have no clue. A granary in South India is made of bamboo and coated with mud with a slanting top above. The top may be covered with dry grass. 

Since India is a country of villages and most of our lives are very closely associated with agriculture, it is no wonder that the things like the tolls used for farming, cattle etc-related to agriculture form part of our Rangoli designs.  This is one example.

How intricate these designs look. Again I have kept them very simple. They can still be developed upon to get a bigger Rangoli. I will post bigger versions of these some time

So Keep watching my blog for more interesting designs...

No comments: