Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday-Free Patterns

Dancing Girls

OMG! I just forgot that I promised you something. But then what is new in that? I keep on forgetting so many things these days. Hmm with heavy work load I just don't have time to do any thing at all besides the daily routine and some of it also gets left off. So with so much pressure on me, I do tend to forget.

Any way friends I want Friday to be Free Pattern Day from now on. I will keep sharing the patterns with you.

Mind you most of these are of my own creations, inspired by the sculptures on temples, designs on Indian textiles, or on the walls of the houses or huts in the villages, tribal or folk art etc. But some of them yes I have copied or noted down the original because I liked them very much. So you will find very old, traditional Indian motifs which are as popular as they were once. They may be from folk or rural or classical ones. I will try to write about the motifs and what were my inspirations.

But I would be grateful to you , if you can send in your suggestions/comments and if you have used these motifs, a picture of them, so that all of us will have a look at how it turned up.

So here we go...

Well these are the dancing girls. Obviously these are from the tribal or folk art. These figures are painted onto the mud walls of the huts in the villages, used for decorating the walls. But these days, these are being painted on papers and also on saris, bags, fabric folders, mugs, greeting cards etc. 

I feel that these motifs can be used for painting on fabrics, either, dresses, blouses, chunaris, saris, also on cushion covers, bed linen, kitchen linen, greeting cards, on the walls etc. One can use a single motif or a pair or a series of motifs looking like a group of dancers. 

How about painting one on your wallets, hand bags or purses? 

These can be painted -just the outline with a single colour like black, red, blue or fill in the motif too with a single colour. These can also be embroidered using Running stitch, Chain Stitch, Knotted Stitches etc. 

Do you have any other ideas? Do let me know please.

Keep an eye on my blog...I may not wait till next Friday to post another free pattern....


No comments: