Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rangoli-56

Well I could not post any of my Rangolis for Diwali-the festival of lights. The month that follows Diwali is known as Karthik and through out the month we light the earthen lamps, at least two of them and placed outside on either side of our door ways, or on the outer walls.

The full moon day known Karthika Pournima is celebrated through out India. The whole month is an auspicious time for spiritually interested people. So the Rangoli patterns with Diyas(lamps) will be apt for this month. But these can be used for any occassion. Fill it with colours and place some small candles or diyas to enhance the beauty of the Rangoli. Here is one of them:


This is 21 to 1 dots placed like this:

     
           *
       *   *   *
   *   *   *   *   *
       *   *   *
            *

That is straight dots, leaving one on either side on each row. This is easy. I am going to post some more in my coming posts. So keep an eye.

Update:
I have corrected the swastika for this Rangoli. This is the correct way to draw Swastika.Where ever I have drawn other wise please correct it. I am trying to update the rest of the designs too.



1 comment:

Siri said...

very beautiful design can be drawn for Pooja