Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CROSS STITCH

Cross Stitch is perhaps the oldest known stitch and the most popular. Its also very easy stitch. Perhaps that is the reason for its popularity. Many folk and tribal forms of embroidery use this stich in one way or another.Way back I attempted this geometrical design of cross stitch on a  napkin. The design and unusual colour combination-which I usually dont go for have been inspired by a Navajo design.



This is the center design. I have used unusual combination of brown black and blue with white on a dark pink back ground. The threads are cotton floss.


This is the center part -a closer look
 
 This is the border of buds. Here I have used light blue, purple and green along with brown.
 
 A closer look of the design on the border
 
This the design at the corner. Sorry I could not post the picture of the entire napkin...Perhaps this was my first attempt at this stitch. I don't remember.

How do you like it

No comments: